- 150 g chickpeas, raw1
- 1 spring onion
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Soak the raw chickpeas in a bowl of 500 ml water for at least 12 – 24 hours.1 Then drain the water and wash the chickpeas.
- Finely chop the spring onion and parsley.
- Put all ingredients into a blender. Mix until you get an even, sticky but not too fine consistency. Then leave to rest in a bowl for 60 minutes.
- From the mixture form balls with a diameter of 3 – 4 cm.
- Either fry the falafels in oil at 175°C for 5 minutes or fry them in a pan until the falafels are evenly browned.
About this recipe
Vegan falafels are made easy with this recipe and it does not require many ingredients. They taste best fresh directly from the pan, but also in a sandwich or as finger food.
1 Chickpeas contain lectins in their raw state and should therefore not be eaten raw. Soaking chickpeas makes them easier to digest and they take less time to cook. The poisonous substance is destroyed by subsequent cooking or frying, which makes chickpeas safe to eat.