Preparation: 70 mins
Baking: 20 mins
For 4 servings
- 300g flour
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 300 g chard
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Knead flour, water, olive oil, cider vinegar and salt to a smooth dough. Then let it rest covered for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cut chard and onion into fine strips. Chop parsley.
- For the filling mix chard, onion and parsley together with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Halve the dough. Roll out the first half very thinly to a diameter of about 30 cm and place it on a baking tray.
- Spread the filling evenly on the dough. Leave about 2 cm free at the edge.
- Roll out the second part of the dough to the same size. Then lay on top of the other one, press the rim all around and roll up.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Then brush the dough with some olive oil.
About this recipe
Soparnik is a hearty chard cake and a speciality in Croatia. It requires only a few ingredients and is an alternative to Italian pizza.